Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
Drupal In-Depth Training: Module Development
Friday, 2 December 2011 from 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
This course is designed for people familiar with PHP coding that want to start module development in Drupal. Prior PHP experience is assumed but no experience with the Drupal APIs is required.
Drupal Module Development - course information
Date: Friday 2nd December 2011 Time: 9:00am till 5:00pm
Location: Shoreditch Trust, Units 1-2 Waterhouse, 8 Orsman Road, London, N1 5QJ
Cost: £350 (not including VAT - 10% discount available for charities, BIMA, RSA members)
Delivery and content
The course will be delivered through a hands-on all-day session of module development. Each participant will be expected to have their local development environment setup (and help and instructions will be provided prior to the course for this).
Aims of this course are
- Provide a solid understanding of Drupal architecture and how modules interact with Drupal
- Learn how to use hooks in your own modules to add to existing functionality or alter the behaviour of Drupal
- Learn how to interact with data, create new data types and add and insert data
- How to develop using best practices, good security standards, and use and create patches
- Drupal Architecture and Major Components
- Development Tools and Processes
- Building our First Module
- The Drupal Menu system - Taking control of URLs
- Building Forms and Saving Data - The Form API
- Permissions and Access Control
- Hooks & Alter functions - how to interact with and/or change Drupal behaviour
- Theming considerations - making your module themable
What do I need to bring?
Bring your laptop - we will be sending out instructions prior to the day on how to setup the development environment
Payment and costs
- £350 companies/individuals (10% discount for charities, BIMA, RSA and Intellect members)
- £1190 for the whole Drupal In-Depth training package including Introducing Drupal, Advanced Drupal and Drupal Module Development. For more information on the Drupal In-Depth Week please view here.
We accept the following payment methods:
- PayPal: All cards accepted except American Express
- Cheque: Please make cheques payable to ‘BrightLemon Limited’ and send it to Brightlemon London office, Unit 12 (and 8), Zeus House, 16-30 Provost Street, London, N1 7NG
When & Where
Brightlemon build large social networks using Drupal